World War II pin-up star Betty Grable’s legs were insured for $1 million by 20th Century-Fox (mainly as a publicity stunt, but still). Her legs were named a Major Hollywood Landmark by LIFE magazine. There’s even an impression of them in cement in front of Grauman’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood.
- 1 Which celebrity has their legs insured?
- 2 Who was the first actress to have her legs insured?
- 3 What actresses have insured legs?
- 4 Why do celebrities insure their body parts?
- 5 Did Tina Turner insure her legs?
- 6 Did Rita Hayworth have her legs insured?
- 7 Who insured their legs for $1000000?
- 8 What does insuring your legs mean?
- 9 Who has the highest insured body part?
- 10 What celebrity has their butt insured?
Which celebrity has their legs insured?
Heidi Klum has insured her legs for $2 million (each!), James Bond star Daniel Craig has his body insured for $9.5 million and Jennifer Lopez thinks her famous derriere is worth an incredible $27 million. Take a peek at more stars who have insured their famous body parts
Who was the first actress to have her legs insured?
Elizabeth Ruth “Betty” Grable (December 18, 1916 – July 2, 1973) was an American actress, pin-up model, dancer, and singer.
What actresses have insured legs?
Betty Grable Started It All – The 1940’s Film Star Insured Her Legs for a Cool $1 Million…
Why do celebrities insure their body parts?
Insurance involves taking measures to minimise financial losses in case of an unfortunate event. Just as common people go for health insurance policies, celebrities opt to insure specific body parts which they feel are integral to their personality or brand.
Did Tina Turner insure her legs?
Along with her impressive vocals, lively dance moves, and iconic hair, Tina Turner’s legs have become one of her signature features. Often flaunting them in sparkly mini dresses on stage, the star’s pins were insured for $3.2 million and she even dedicated a song to them in 1994.
Did Rita Hayworth have her legs insured?
By 1943 Hayworth’s pinup sales were challenged by those of Betty Grable, who exhibited her legs in a swimsuit pose which became an iconic image of World War II. Lloyd’s accepted the policy and covered the legs, but to the relief of young men around the world did not insist that Fox and Grable cover her legs.
Who insured their legs for $1000000?
World War II pin-up star Betty Grable’s legs were insured for $1 million by 20th Century- Fox (mainly as a publicity stunt, but still). Her legs were named a Major Hollywood Landmark by LIFE magazine.
What does insuring your legs mean?
Insuring a specific body part seems like something celebrities do to get into the news. But this type of policy makes sense to the people who can afford to buy it. The purpose of body part coverage is to supplement lost income if a body part is damaged, injured, scarred, handicapped, or lost.
Who has the highest insured body part?
10 expensively insured body parts
- Keith Richard’s hands – $1.6 million.
- Ilja Gort’s nose – $5.58 million.
- Gennaro Pelliccia’s taste buds – $13.3 million.
- David Beckham’s legs (and face) – $195 million.
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s legs – $144 million.
- Bruce Springsteen’s voice – £3.5 million.
- Holly Madison’s chest – $1 million.
What celebrity has their butt insured?
Jennifer Lopez has a $27 million insurance policy on her butt. Let’s be serious for a minute: if you were J-Lo, you’d insure your ass for $27 million, too.